Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Quoth She

Youngest has been prolific with the quoteworthy remarks lately.

Today at bedtime I accompanied her to the bathroom and found the floor liberally spattered with pools of water, from some earlier girls' acquatics (and it wasn't a bath night, so I have no idea what had been going on).

In theatrical mode, I declaimed sonorously:

"Water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink!"

Whereupon she indignantly replied, with furrowed brow:

"I didn't drop a drink"

4 comments:

  1. Shakespere's new muse! Delightful captured moment to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With an eloquent mother like you, her words are not too surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like mother... like daughter Kit!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I appreciate every one!